Friday, January 27, 2012

Best-ever Brownies



I find myself writing the words quick, easy and simple over and over but to be honest the recipes I have made with you are truly super quick and easy.  We are all so busy with jobs, kids and life in general that meals don't take priority anymore. These are recipes for on the go people who still want to eat healthy, nutritious and flavorful food that does not take long laborious hours to make.


I am making some of my tried and tested recipes (that I have given a 5 star rating) and some first timers that are on my "To try" list. Tangerine cake was the first timer that got 5 stars from a whole host of people.


I have been getting emails with pictures and comments from people who are trying the recipes and it is very heart warming to see that they are liking my food. Again, I thank you all for taking the time out to send me feedback. It really gives me insight and lets me know how to improve and what you really like to see on the blog.


That said, let me talk about today's recipe. This has to be hands down the best brownie recipe ever. I have about 70 of them (literally) and this is the ultimate ooey-gooey, pure Chocolate indulgence that I can't lay my hands off of. I think that should say it all. You can whip it up when you get that last minute call from your friend that they are coming over for a visit. You can make it in 30 minutes and I am including the baking time in there too. Now isn't that a quick, easy and simple recipe...(seriously!!!)


These make perfect little gifts too. You can mix together all the dry ingredients and put in a jar or put it in a ziploc bag and stick it inside an oven mitt. Attach a little card with a ribbon and have instructions on how to add the wet ingredients and baking time on it. I have given these as gifts to my kids teachers and friends and they have really appreciated it.



RECIPE: Best-ever Brownies
Ingredients

1/3 Cup cocoa
1/2 Cup flour
1/4 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1 tsp vanilla
1/2 Cup oil
2 eggs

1/2 Cup Walnuts, chopped (optional)

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Mix the first 6 dry ingredients in a bowl.
  3. When you are ready to bake brownies, mix 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup oil and 2 eggs in a bowl.  Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix well.
  4. Optional: you may add 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
  5. Bake in a greased 9” X 9” pan for 20-25 minutes.
Step-by-step process,

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 by 9 baking dish with some oil.


Mix the first 6 of the dry ingredients: 1/3 Cup cocoa, 1/2 Cup flour, 1/4 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 Cup white sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder in a bowl.


When you are ready to bake brownies, mix 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup oil and 2 eggs in a bowl.  Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix well.





Finally add 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Walnuts, this is totally optional. I love walnuts but not so much in my brownies so I added just a few to get the crunch and the nutty flavor.


Pour into your prepared 9 by 9 pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes.



Let them cool a little about 30 minutes before you cut them and serve. You can add fruits or Vanilla ice cream with it.


Enjoy and leave me a comment or feedback on how it turned out or what kind of food you would like to see on the blog. Thanks and hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment