Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Mini Heirloom Tomatoes and Mozzarella Salad

Have you ever been to a grocery store without a list of things you need and just walk the isles. I did that today at my local Trader Joes and picked up ingredients that spoke to me. This salad is a product of my shopping spree. Its quick, easy and has 4 ingredients. Can't get any easier and healthier than that. Top it up on toasted slices of bread or eat it as a side.

This is going to be my new favorite way to shop (without lists). I picked up things from the store that I would never think of putting on my grocery list and it has been such a good change from our usual eating. Plus, you can never go wrong with fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables.

Fresh Tomatoes are one of the best sources of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that helps protect cellular structures and DNA, just one great reason to add them to your everyday diet.


Mini Tomato Mozzarella Salad
RECIPE: Mini heirloom tomatoes and Mozzarella Salad


Ingredients
2 Cups Mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
1 Cup marinated Mozzarella balls, halved
fresh Basil, cut in ribbons
dash of Balsamic vinegar
fresh ground pepper and salt to taste

Method

  1. Toss it all together and enjoy.



This is not in any way sponsored by Trader Joes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment