Monday, September 14, 2015

Banana Sushi...What?

My 6 year old comes back from school and demands (few tears were shed) I make him some Banana Sushi. He is not a big fan of the regular Sushi so it was surprising. I asked him what he was asking me for and with his :Really Mom!" expression he politely asks me to "google it". To my surprise there are about a million versions out there.


Till date I get a different story of where he heard or saw Banana Sushi but I am so grateful he discovered it. Its our favorite snack these days and its super balanced and healthy. I have my own version of it with Hemp Seeds.
Hemp is a high protein seed containing all nine of the essential amino acids. Great thing about it is that he protein is a very digestible form and easily absorbed. It also has high amounts of fatty acids and fiber as well as containing vitamin E and trace minerals. It has a balanced ratio of omega 3 to 6 fats at around a three to one ratio.
Banana Sushi

RECIPE: Banana Sushi

Ingredients

1 Ripe Banana
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter (yes! I like JIF)
1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds (You can use anything you have)

Method

  1. Peel the banana and slather it with peanut butter. Sprinkle hemp seeds on it and cut into slices. Is this easy or what. You can use any seeds you have, Chia, Flax even crushed nuts like Pistachios, Walnuts, Cashews. Get creative and send me pictures of your own version.

This is making me so hungry. Time to eat some Banana Sushi with a cup of coffee. Hope you all have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. One find leads to another.....Now I'm gonna search WhatHempSeed??? Something to do with Gaanja?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Nothing to do with Ganja. They are the most nutritious seed in the world. Hemp Seeds are a complete protein. They have the most concentrated balance of proteins, essential fats, vitamins and enzymes combined with a relative absence of sugar, starches and saturated fats. Hemp Seeds are one of nature's perfect foods - a Super Food. This is one of the most potent foods available, supporting optimal health and well being, for life. Raw hemp provides a broad spectrum of health benefits, including: weight loss, increased and sustained energy, rapid recovery from disease or injury, lowered cholesterol and blood pressure, reduced inflammation, improvement in circulation and immune system as well as natural blood sugar control.

      Hemp belongs to the genus Cannibis sativa and has been cultivated for thousands of years as a source of fiber, edible seeds, edible oil, lubricant, and as a fuel.

      Delete