Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentines 2012, Special Update








I have some very exciting news to share with you all, actually I can hardly contain my excitement :)

Andaaz TV, a South Asian lifestyle talk show on Sony Entertainment Asia (SET) has offered me to host a cooking blog on Andaaztv's website. It is the first ever lifestyle television show to be produced in the United States and I will be working with them in Season 3 which airs early February.
My first food segment with them starts with a big bang, the title being "Celebrity Style Valentine's Dinner for Two". To view the featured dessert recipe please visit the blog on AndaazTV.

I have decided on Fusion Indo-Spanish Tapas meal since I want to keep the evennig light and refreshing so I don't get that over-full, bloated feeling for the after-dinner partying. You might be meeting some friends, going dancing or just catching a romantic movie with you extra-special someone. The menu for the evening looks something like this;
Tapas Dinner:
  1. Sizzling Shrimp with Fenugreek Leaves 
  2. Garlic Mushroom Toss with Scallions
  3. Avacado, Mozzarella and Tomato Salad
  4. Endive stuffed with garlic-herb Boursion and Smoked Salmon
Served with Crusty white bread like Artisan Ciabatta Bread
Sizzling Shrimp with Fenugreek Leaves
Garlic Mushroom Toss with Scallions

Avocado, Mozzarella and Tomato Salad

Endive stuffed with garlic-herb Boursion and Smoked Salmon
Wine Paring: I have decided to go with a Fine Chilean Merlot. It has a silky ripe berry and plum character accented with violet and spice nuances to further enhancce the flavors of the Tapas meal.


Dessert: Chocolate-Kalhua Cake topped with a Strawberry-Kiwi Salsa. Now this truly is the show stopper of the evening.
Chocolate-Kalhua Cake topped with a Strawberry-Kiwi Salsa
The Tapas dishes and detailed recipes will be on my blog (http://dough-re-me.blogspot.com) this Valentine's week so stay tuned for some mind boggling Fusion Indo-Spanish food. You can view all my creations under the Tab "Recipes" on the top Navigation Bar. Hope you all have a fabulous Valentines day. Enjoy cooking...Ciao till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment